Resolving incompatible grid issues between 2 files

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at UCDAVIS.EDU
Thu Jan 21 16:44:32 EST 2010

I am trying to graph 2 variables from different netcdf files together in a
calculation (i.e. sulfure * zonal wind) however when I open both netcdf
files and try multiplying variables from both data sets I get the following
message:

*Operation error: Incompatible grids*
*    Dimension ranges aren't equivalent*
*   Dimension equals 0*
*   1st grid range = -119 25 2nd 1 1080*
*   Error occurred at column 13*
*DiISPLAY error: Invalid expression*
*    Expression = uln.2*sulfur*
**
The first data set sulfur has the following dimensions lon -180 180, lat -90
90, while the second data set has the following dimensions lon 120 255, lat
-5 90.  How can I resolve this problem so that I can graph both these files
together and perform computations using both files?

Thanks,

Jason