Time Settings for Data

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Jan 21 15:27:35 EST 2010

Jason,
Download the data either in netCDF or GRIB format.  If you download into
netCDF you can either run the WRF Post Processor or ARW Post on it to get a
.ctl file.  If you download it as GRIB data, then just run grib2ctl.pl on it
(i.e., ./grib2ctl.pl (GRIB file) > (name of .ctl file you want to make).
Then adjust the times in the TDEF line of the file, then save it and run
gribmap -e -i (.ctl file).  That will create a .idx file that will allow you
to view the contents of the GRIB file in Grads.  Feel free to send me a
message individually if you have more questions on this.  Hopefully this
helps.

Jeff Duda