Asian dust aerosol data to be displayed in GrADS

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at UCDAVIS.EDU
Wed Jan 20 03:27:28 EST 2010

I just need to find access to TOMS, MODIS, ACE data which shows dust/sulfate
aerosols.  I do not care which data set it is.  I tried using the GODDARD
data and it would not display in GrADS becuase of some time compatibility
issue.  The website for this is:

http://portal.nccs.nasa.gov/cgi-lats4d/webform.cgi?&i=GEOS-5/yotc/0.25_deg/assim/inst3_3d_aer_Nv

What other data sets are available.  Unfortunately, I am running grads from
a Windows based PC and do not have much of any resources to use in which to
produce fortran programs for reformatting data sets (I am trying to get
linux configured on my computer) so I need to access ready to use data in
netcd format.  I am trying to display this with NCEP data, which has time
steps ending on 0 hours Z, therefore, I need to aerosol data that way.  I
currently have aerosol data from the above website but unfortunately it ends
on 3 hours z.  How am I able to modify this file given my computational
resources at the moment?  Is it possible to do so?  Anyway, please help me
out with this.  Anyway, help would really greatly be appreciated, whether in
the form of using the above website, modifying the file I have, or accessing
ready to use aerosol files.  Again I am trying to examine aerosol files from
both Asia and also southern California.

Thanks,

Jason