Problem to open grib2 Nomad/CFSR data with opengrads

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Feb 16 16:32:38 EST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Henrique Barbosa wrote:

> Dear Jennifer,
>
>> And if you post questions to the
>> list, be specific about the version you're using and the operating
>> system
>> you're running on as well as the data file (or URL) you're trying
>> to read.
>> --Jennifer
>
> In my original message I have said I am using OpenGrads v2.0.a7.oga.3,
> but ok, I forgot to say its on linux 64bits, ubuntu 8.10 server :-)

Very good. It never hurts to remind all users about this -- this
information really matters for debugging problems.

>>> I am using v2.0.a7.oga.3 downloaded from opengrads website. I do
>
> I also posted the link to the data file:
>
>>> ga-> sdfopen
>>> http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/cfsrmon/200912/pgblnl.gdas.200912.grb2
>
> Could you try to open it?

I can open this URL and display variables (even though the names are
shortened awkwardly) with the latest COLA version of GrADS.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA