Res: Res: Problems: OpenGrADS on OpenSUSE

Saulo Carvalho spc_meteor at YAHOO.COM.BR
Fri Feb 5 19:37:30 EST 2010

Ok Ramon. I'll check this out.

 Thanks for the advice.________________________________________
Saulo Carvalho

SEMA
Diretoria de Recursos Hídricos

________________________________
De: Ramon Solano <rsolanob at GMAIL.COM>
Para: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 5 de Fevereiro de 2010 16:57:18
Assunto: Re: Res: Problems: OpenGrADS on OpenSUSE

Hello Saulo,

Your problem is not related to GrADS, but with your computer's graphic system (i.e . your X-Window system). The best would be to ask to your local computer guru, but in the mean time, the problem is that you are not allowed to display in your screen.

This can be due to several reasons, depending on if you are working locally in your computer ore remotely on a server. If you are remote user, be sure to enable X-Window in your local computer, configure it to accept incoming X-11 connections and to forward the graphics  from the server to your local computer.  If you are working locally, be sure you have a X-Window system installed in your computer. If you have done all this, then your X-Window system may have some misconfiguration.

Once you are able to run xterm or xclock or some other graphic program, then GrADS should open with no problems as well.

Ramon