[gradsusr] Append a single color bar to multiple plots

Diane Stokes Diane.Stokes at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 28 13:49:32 EST 2010

Saiguran,

I'm guessing your cbarn_1.gs script is calling:
   'set vpage off'
after getting the shading info and before drawing the color bar.

If you open that script with your favorite text editor, you should see
towards the top lines such as:

sf=subwrd(args,1)
vert=subwrd(args,2)
xmid=subwrd(args,3)
ymid=subwrd(args,4)

Whether you see those lines exactly depends on the changes that were
made relative to the original cbarn.gs.

xmid and ymid are used to place the bar where you like (horizontally and
vertically, respectively).  So, if your cbarn_1.gs script does expect
them as argument 3 and 4, the following:

'run cbarn_1 1 0 5.5 0.5'

should place a full scale horizontal color bar centered 5.5 inches from
the left and 0.5 inches from the bottom of the page.

Again, the argument position for setting the x- and y location and the
actual result depend on your cbarn_1.gs script.  I hope this points you
in the right direction.

     Diane