[gradsusr] Append a single color bar to multiple plots

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Tue Dec 28 10:38:52 EST 2010

Saiguran,
It would help if you also attached your code for the "page" and cbarn_1
scripts.  That's where the measurement/placement code is that controls the
spacing between your plots and the color bar.

Alternately, if you have the exact same contour levels and colors in each
plot, you can plot just one color bar somewhere on the page by essentially
setting the plotting area (set parea) to a small corner of the page, then
display the same data with your contour levels set, then do "set parea off"
then run the color bar script.  It should plot one big one somewhere on the
page (you can obviously set exactly where it is plotted and how large it
is).

Hope this helps.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM, saiguran loisulie <saiguranloi at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to append a color bar at the bottom of my four seasonal plots
> by using a modified cbarn.gs as cbarn_1.gs
>
> The color bar appends very close to the bottom plots, they almost overlap!
>
> How can I increase the distance between the bottom plots and the color bar?
>
> My script is attached
>
> Saiguran Loisulie
> Climate Systems Analysis Group
> Environmental and Geographical Science Department
> University of Cape Town
> Private Bag X3
> Rondebosch
> 7701