[gradsusr] Geotiffs in Grads

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:37:17 EST 2010

Hi Nick,

I have checked your data. "20100424_160000.asc" is ESRI ASCII Grid
format data which could be supported in many GIS software. The problem
is I don't know the projection information of the data which is not
longitude/latitude coordinate, and the ESRI ASCII Grid format has no
information of the projection. The projection information should has
been included in the geotiff file.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Nick Heath <nkh09 at fsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you both for the help!  I have found a way to convert the geotiffs into gridded data.  I have attached 2 of the output files after the conversion (I tried two different formats).  Now, I am a bit lost on how to make a control file with this data as I am used to working with Grib or netcdf.  Maybe someone could help?  In the .dat file, I believe the 3 columns are Y,X, and either 0 (no oil) or 16777215 for oil.  I am not sure why the converter picked that number.  Thanks an advance for the help!
>
> -Nick

Dr. Ya-Qiang Wang
Centre for Atmosphere Watch and Services (CAWAS), CMA
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com