[gradsusr] Geotiffs in Grads

Nick Heath nkh09 at fsu.edu
Tue Dec 21 14:54:48 EST 2010

Hi,

Thank you both for the help!  I have found a way to convert the geotiffs into gridded data.  I have attached 2 of the output files after the conversion (I tried two different formats).  Now, I am a bit lost on how to make a control file with this data as I am used to working with Grib or netcdf.  Maybe someone could help?  In the .dat file, I believe the 3 columns are Y,X, and either 0 (no oil) or 16777215 for oil.  I am not sure why the converter picked that number.  Thanks an advance for the help!

-Nick