[gradsusr] Correlation coefficient

Djordje Romanic djordje8 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:55:27 EST 2010

Dear Users,

Does anyone know how to calculate the correlation coefficient in GrADS?
Namely, I have two variables (meridional and zonal wind speeds) and they
both are the functions of time and spice. I'm using the NCEP/NCAR reanalysis
data from jan1949 to nov2010. I need a (spatial) map of correlation
coefficients for that period.

I've explored the functions tcorr and scorr, but none of them is suitable
for that. The tcorr function requires that the first variable is only a
function of time, which is not in my case.

Any comment is valuable for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Djordje