[gradsusr] ....HELP me

Heiner Körnich heiner at misu.su.se
Tue Aug 31 04:36:19 EDT 2010

Dear Abhishek,

GrADS will not open netcdf-files straight away, if they don't follow the
COARDS standard. Often it helps, when you create a control-file and open the
data with xdfopen. See here:
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdxdfopen.html

Furthermore, I have experienced that some files opened under GrADS 1.9b4,
but not anymore under grads-2.0.a7. A simple option could be to try the
older version, but this is probably not recommendable.

Good luck,
Heiner

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM, abhishek lodh <abhishek_lodh at yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> hi grads_users...
>
> I am a Ph.D student at IIT Delhi and for my research work i have installed
> grads-2.0.a8 to read netcdf filesie. nc.But there are few .nc files which i
> am not able to open in grads.the error comes as ..:
>
> ga-> sdfopen ECDYN.nc_01042006
> Scanning self-describing file:  ECDYN.nc_01042006
> SDF file has no discernable time coordinate -- using default values.
> gadsdf: SDF file does not have any non-coordinate variables.
>

> need help.I am attaching the required file as well.
>
> Also what is the best way to learn grads scripting.
>
> Please help...!!
>

> Abhishek Lodh

Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333
Stockholms University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Email: heiner at misu.su.se   www.misu.su.se/~heiner/