[gradsusr] Gribmap

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Tue Apr 27 01:18:58 EDT 2010

I'm new to Linux and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why
gribmap will not run when executed as a cron job.

In crontab I execute a .sh script that has something that looks like:

#!/bin/bash

/wrf/wrfems/util/grads/bin/grib2ctl.pl -verf
/wrf/wrfems/runs/float/emsprd/grib/arw_0000.grib >
/wrf/wrfems/runs/float/emsprd/grib/arw_0000.ctl

/wrf/wrfems/util/grads/bin/gribmap -I
/wrf/wrfems/runs/float/emsprd/grib/arw_0000.ctl

The last line is the problem child. Note that the script is running, and the
first line in the script (converting GRIB to a CTL file) works, but nothing
happens when trying to execute the gribmap executable.

Also I should note that if I type that same line in the terminal it DOES
work, just not in crontab.

Any ideas?