[gradsusr] how to write mpdset files

Matias Mendez matias at atmosfera.unam.mx
Thu Apr 8 13:34:10 EDT 2010

Hi Ramanathan,

I have a fortran code (gradsmap.f) to create your own background maps.
Sorry, but I don't remember who provided it me, credits are for him/her.
I think someone else  had  talked about it here.

You just need a text files  containing line segments in (longitude,
latitude) coordinates.

I'm sending the following files:
gradsmap.f                            Fortran code (inside has
instructions about data format, etc.)
mexico_s.asc                        Sample data from state boundaries
from southern Mexico.
map-mexico_s.ps                 Graphic output using mpdset hires / mexico_s

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Matias