No subject

Wed Apr 14 09:36:46 EDT 2010

To GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject Re: Grad image sliding

Luis,

I couldn't follow everything in your description, so I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but the following might be part of the solution....

Your ctl file says "options sequential", but the f90 program opens a direct access file:
open(30,file=FnameOUT, form='unformatted', access='direct',recl=nx*ny*nt)
So GrADS will be skipping start/end of record values that actually contain valid data. I assume it should run out of data at t=12.

Try removing the "options" line from your ctl file.

(I also note that the f90 program is currently creating a dataset with a name that does not match that in the ctl file - maybe this is just because you've been debugging.)

Doug

>>> luis.aimola at WEIZMANN.AC.IL 13/11/2007 13:13 >>>
Dears GRADS users

I'm new in GRADS and found a problem that seems dificult to solve, at least for me.
I asked many people that knows GRADS but nobody got fix the problem. If someone have five minutes to look the problem and suggest how to fixe it, I will be very gratefful.
I have twelve files for SST, one for each month. I need make a simple script to display one by one in a time sequence. But the files are sliding one on each other mixing the images in GRADS screen.
Is amazing because a simple thing like that is not working. (I followed all indications in the user's GRADS manual.)
I'am sending in annex the little files for .gs, .ctl and the fortran90 (.f90) program that generate the binary data file to GRADS (.out).I get display each file (montly sst) individuallly if a want, thus each individual file is not the problem. I checked many other possibilities already.
Thank for any attention and suggestions.
Best.

Luis