Re: Re: Using GrADS to open HDF-EOS

Yan Libin zjuyanlibin at 163.COM
Wed Sep 23 22:54:54 EDT 2009

Dear Mike,

How can i get level3 global 5km MODIS LST product?
Thank you in advance.

Libin Yan

2009-09-24

Yan Libin

发件人: Mike Bosilovich
发送时间: 2009-09-24  00:59:52
收件人: GRADSUSR
抄送:
主题: Re: Using GrADS to open HDF-EOS

It's not clear which data you are looking at, level 2 or level 3.  The
descriptor file below I used to analyze the level 3 global 5km MODIS
LST product.  I don't think level 2 is possible.
When i've wanted to analyze the level 2 granules in grads, I had to
first convert to a regular grid. I think HDFView will do that, but not
in a batch way.
I hope that someone has a better answer than mine!
Mike
DSET MOD11C1.A2001%m2%d2.004.hdf
title MODIS Land Surface Temperature (LST) CMG v4
DTYPE hdfsds
OPTIONS yrev template
unpack scale_factor add_offset
undef 0 _FillValue
XDEF 7200 linear -180 0.05
YDEF 3600 linear  -90 0.05
ZDEF 1 linear 1 1
TDEF 115 linear 04jul2001 1dy
VARS 6
LST_Day_CMG=>LSTDay 0 y,x Daily daytime 3min CMG Land-surface Temp
LST_Night_CMG=>LSTNite 0 y,x Daily nighttime 3min CMG Land-surface Temp
QC_Day=>QCDay  0 y,x Quality control for daytime LST and emissivity
QC_Night=>QCNite  0 y,x Quality control for nighttime LST and emissivity
Day_view_time=>DayTime  0 y,x Time of daytime LST observation (UTC)
Night_view_time=>NiteTime  0 y,x Time of nighttime LST observation (UTC)
ENDVARS