station model: cloud amount

M.Mahakur mmahakur at TROPMET.RES.IN
Tue Sep 1 11:40:30 EDT 2009

Respected GrADS Users,

I would like to plot 'total cloud amount (in okta/octa)' inside the station circle(s)
using the 'station model' plots: http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/usingstationdata.html.
Code 21,22 and 23 seems to be ok for plotting 1/8, 7/8 and 8/8 (i.e. overcast), for
example 1/8 in the attached test.png. How can I show cloud coverages of 2/8, 3/8, 4/8,
5/8 and 6/8 with "standard symbols" as shown the attached file <<cld_amount_okta.gif>>?

I request your help for a script or tricks making making plots.

PS: Sorry, for posting again as I did not got any response to my earlier e-mail.

With Regards and Thanks,

M. Mahakur

FRD/IITM, Pune (India).