Regarding .CDF file display in grads

M.Mahakur mmahakur at TROPMET.RES.IN
Tue Sep 1 08:45:02 EDT 2009

Hello,

I checked with the data, 'sdfopen' worked for me:

$grads -l

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a3
Copyright (c) 1988-2008 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.a3 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds
Issue 'q config' command for more information.
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> sdfopen CRUPRE.CDF

Scanning self-describing file:  CRUPRE.CDF
SDF file CRUPRE.CDF is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -89.75 89.75
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 1901:1:15:0 1901:1:15:0
E set to 1 1
ga-> q file
File 1 :
  Descriptor: CRUPRE.CDF
  Binary: CRUPRE.CDF
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 720  Ysize = 360  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 1224  Esize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
    pre 0 -103 Precipitation
ga->

It should work for you also, check your file if you have obtained properly!

Regards,

Mahakur
-