masking

Rupak Rajbhandari rupak.rajbhandari at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 28 04:39:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

Creating a masking file is not a simple procedure. Here I am sending you a
masking instruction I prepared (last year  for small training group in
Nepal). The masking file is for 0.1 resolution, so you need to edit a
little. The attached RAR file consists of a instruction file and two fortran
programs. In addition you will need ArcView GIS and India shape file
(boundary polygon) and fortran compiler. You should first edit the program
to suit your resolution. The rest should be clear from the instruction file.

Once the masking file has been created, simply replace the master file with
undefined values where grid point point values are zero in the masking file.

Hope it helps!

-rupak

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Matthias Fripp <matthias.fripp at eci.ox.ac.uk