Running Grads scripts on Windows XP platform

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 26 20:34:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Peter Smith <Peter.M.Smith at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed a win32 copy of grads GrADS1.9.

Which version exactly? Do a "q config".

> Using GRADSDODS I can run a
> GRADS script successfully if I place it in C:\GrADS\lib where other scripts
> reside (eg cbarn.gs, etc).
>
> I have tried moving this script to my own personal folder and setting the
> environmental variable GASCRP to point to this folder.

How did you do this? Inside a BAT file? try

C:\> set GASCRP=C:\SOME\WHERE
C:\> gradsdods

>  There are two
> classes of environmental variables System and User.
>
> I believe you need admin privileges (which I don't have) to set up the
> system variables. Anyway, gradsdods is not finding this script.

You should be able to set this env variable from a BAT file or a VBScript.
If you download the Win32 Superpack, either v2.0 (recommended) or v1.10 you
can take a look at how the variables are set inside a VBScript (look at the
.vbs files in the top directory)

   https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/files/

   Arlindo

--