.ctl for MODIS HDF file

Jayakrishnan PR prjayakrishnan at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 19 10:49:18 EDT 2009

Dear Hao,
            Grads can open HDF files which agrees the COARDS convention. But
unfortunately the MODIS hdf files are not agreeing COARDS convention. So I
think we cannot open them through grads by writing a ctl file. You can
convert the data into ascii and then converting into binary we can write a
ctl file and then plot in grads. That is what my experience. Good
Luck.......

--
Sincerely
Jayakrishnan.P.R