how to make a subset file of netCDF file ?

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Oct 9 13:16:16 EDT 2009

If you are using GrADS version 2.0.a3 or higher, you can use sdfwrite
to create a netcdf file. It's very straightforward: set the dimension
environment, define your variable, use 'set sdfwrite' to set the
output file name, then 'sdfwrite <variablename>'. Please read the
documentation:
http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsdfwrite.html. If you want to
write out more than one variable, you have to write out separate files
with GrADS, then concatenate them together using the NetCDF Operator
'ncks', which is a separate utility not distributed with GrADS.

If you are using GrADS 1.9 or earlier, then use lats4d.gs to create
netcdf output.
--Jennifer