HDF5 (.h5) file in Win32 Superpack v2.0.a7.oga.1

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Oct 1 13:27:06 EDT 2009

 From the doc page http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html:
  The 'sdfopen' and 'xdfopen' interfaces do not support the HDF5
format. The 'open' interface is the only way to read HDF5 files.

The biggest difference between descriptor files for HDF5 and NetCDF
are in the variable declaration -- the varnames have to be aliased.
 From the doc page http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html:
   For dtype hdf5_grid, the SDF_varname may be particularly long since
it must contain the names of all the nested groups (separated by "/")
to which the data set belongs. For example: /HDFEOS/GRIDS/
EarthSurfaceReflectanceClimatology/Data~Fields/
MonthlySurfaceReflectance=>msr

--Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams