Win32 Superpack v2.0.a7.oga.1 Released!

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Thu Oct 1 00:09:19 EDT 2009

Hi Arlindo,

Thanks so much for getting this new release out.  Am looking forward to using it but am having some problems.

Downloaded the superpack zip, copied it to my C drive on a Win XP machine, unzipped it, set the path to  the following directory and tried to run it in batch mode but received errors:

C:\Program Files\opengrads\Contents\Cygwin\Versions\2.0.a7.oga.1\i686\

C:\grib\scripts>grads -blc 'bering_wind_list.gs'

Starting grads under c:\PROGRA~1\OPENGR~1\Contents\Cygwin\Versions\20A7OG~1.1\i686 ...

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a7.oga.1
Copyright (c) 1988-2008 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.a7.oga.1 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn athena geotiff
Issue 'q config' command for more information.
... ok.
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Running in Batch mode
Running bering_wind Time Period 1 - 0 hr Forecast
Running bering_wind Time Period 3 - 6 hr Forecast
      8 [main] grads 3448 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   1099 [main] grads 3448 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to grads.exe.stackdump

Interesting, but it builds the first image in the a series fine, but stackdumps trying to build the second image (i.e. Time Period 3).

So it doesn't seem to be a pathing issue. Also fails with similar results using other scripts and other options.

These same scripts works fine in Grads 1.8 and 1.9 through the mutiple series of images.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark