Multiple NetCDF Combine for Radar

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 19 09:42:17 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Andrew Revering <andy at f5data.com> wrote:

>  I am loading 142 radar sites into one graphic in GrADS from NetCDF files.
>

> I want to do a smoothed shaded contour of the data. When I do this, each
> radar site is contoured using the smth9() function and it works well..
>

> The problem I have is it looks goofy when you smooth each radar site. I
> need all of the data to be plotted and then it all smoothed together.
>

> This would be accomplished if the 142 individual data sources were in one
> file, but I don’t know if they can be combined because they are of different
> locations.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> Is it possible to load all of the individual data sources into memory and
> then run smth9() as you display all of the data at once?

You could use re() to put each variable on a global grid (or large enough to
span your region of interest). Once you have all in the same grid you should
be able to combine them and display the resulting variable.  You will
probably be using maskout() and const() in the process of combining these.
Is this detailed enough?

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva