writing NetCDF from GRIB2

zilore mumba zmumba at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 16 10:16:24 EST 2009

Thanks Leonardo and Heiner for the information. I am in touch with ECMWF and am sure they will assist me. I also downloaded the CDO software, but since it apparently works on UNIX I still have to see how to use it.
Incidentally I found the NCL software has an ncl_convert2nc tool which also does the job, but the explanation of the syntax is not very clear in their documentation. When I convert, when I display winds the chart does not change whether I change time or level.
Thanks very much, eventually I will be there.
Zilore