Grads:PDEF for tranverse Mercator (native grids)

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Nov 13 08:40:46 EST 2009

Hi, Willis --
You should subscribe to the gradsusr list and post this request there
-- that way you have 1800 other users who might be able to help you. I
have no experience dealing with files on a transverse mercator
projection, but I can tell you that you have two options with pdef:
1. Create a pdef file for use with the PDEF BILIN option. You need to
be able to calculate the i,j values (in the native transverse mercator
grid) of a given lat/lon pair (which are the coordinates of the
destination grid). Then GrADS does bilinear interpolation from the
four grid points surrounding the i,j values.
2. Create a pdef file for use with the PDEF GENERAL option to create
your own mapping of interpolation values and weights to use.

--Jennifer