starting pygrads

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 5 14:39:21 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Maat, Herbert ter
<Herbert.termaat at wur.nl>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I was wondering if a solution has been found for the problem stated in the
> attached e-mail. Today I have tried to play around with PyGrADS and GrADS
> (2.0 a5 oga 5) on Windows, but while I tried to run the examples it appears
> that the program freezes.

In principle it all should work, but I have not tried it myself recently on
Windows. I run it all the time on my Mac. I'll have to give it a try myself.
However, I need more details:

1) Which version of python for windows? Did you install my pygrads superpack
or you installed python by yourself? If so, which version?

2) Which version of pygrads?

3) When you open a DOS windows (cmd.exe) and you type

C:\> grads

does it start? You must have grads on your path for pygrads to work.

4) Start python and type

import grads
import grads.gacore
import grads.ganum