extracting netcdf data

P.R. romero619 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 15 12:21:21 EDT 2009

I have a netcdf file with gridded data that I want to extract into an ASCII
file.
The ascii file should be in an NixNj matrix format.

I also want to change its resolution prior to exporting it.
Example:
the grid in the netcdf file has a resolution of 0.0083 degree increments.
Id like to lower this resolution to 0.05 degrees.

I don't have much experience working with netcdf files.
Can someone please recommend a method to accomplish this task (either using
GrADS or some other external utility)???

Please help,
Thanks,
P.Romero