continental relief in png output

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Mon Mar 16 09:32:23 EDT 2009

In another post, I pointed to a script for generating the topographic
background map. To use this (or any other image) as a background, use
the printim command with the -t and -b options:

printim -t 0 -b bg.png

Your transparent color number may be different from 0, this is just an
example.

Unfortunately, there is a bug introduced in 2.0.a5 in the printim code
that breaks the background image feature. To fix it, edit gxhpng.c and
remove line 385 that contains "  else {  "
remove line 403 that contains "  }         "

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA