g2sub V1.1 on Nomads

Pierre Cassar cassar at PILOTBOOK.EU
Fri Mar 13 08:23:21 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I was testing the g2sub V1.1 interface on the new Nomads server to
retrieve some GFS data. Unfortunately I was not able to retrieve the
following variable which I used to download from the previous Nomads
servers:

> TCDCclm  0 71,200,0 ** atmos column Total cloud cover [%]

Perhaps is there some problems with the layers?
I tried all layers with TCDC but the only variables which I could
download are:

> TCDCblcll   0,211,0   0,6,1,0 ** boundary layer cloud layer Total Cloud Cover [%]
> TCDCccll   0,244,0   0,6,1 ** convective cloud layer Total Cloud Cover [%]

No TCDCclm.
Any idea, suggestion?

If the TCDCclm is no longer available in grib2 which could be the best
varaiable to substitute it?

Thank you

Pierre Cassar