NEW RELEASE! GrADS 2.0.a6

Derek Goring nztideman at YAHOO.CO.NZ
Tue Jun 2 22:48:56 EDT 2009

Yipppeee!!

Finally, I've found a version of GrADS that works on my PC running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.
All the previous versions gave me a segmentation error.

But what has happened to writetime?  It doesn't seem to be available in gradsdap.

________________

Derek Goring

--- On Wed, 3/6/09, Jennifer Adams <jma at COLA.IGES.ORG> wrote:

From: Jennifer Adams <jma at COLA.IGES.ORG>
Subject: NEW RELEASE! GrADS 2.0.a6
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

Dear All,I have posted a new version of GrADS: 2.0.a6. The GrADS downloads web page (http://iges.org/grads/downloads.html) has been updated with links to the source code and a few pre-compiled binaries. Version 2.0.a6 is mostly a bug fix release, but it does have a couple of nice new features:
1. The user can control the undef value in all GrADS outputThis feature controls the undefined values printed to screen with the 'gxout stat' and the 'gxout print' output, as well as the undefined values in fwrite, sdfwrite, and geotiff files. The output undef value is controlled with the 'set undef' command. This feature changes the default behavior of GrADS, but it is in keeping with the new undef handling in GrADS 2.0. The default output undef value is -9.99e8. This release works fine with GDS 2.0. I have written a documentation page. Please READ THE DOCUMENTATION!    http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetundef.html
2. The maximum number of user-defined colors has been increased from 99 to 255To help you get started using 255 colors, I have written two scripts:  ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/rgb255.gs  (defines a lot of colors and draws a demo plot)  ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/cbarm.gs   (draws a suitable color bar)Please feel free to copy and modify these scripts to suit your own needs.
Here is the complete list of changes in 2.0.a6:
    Features:    * Maximum number of user-defined colors increased from 99 to 255.     * New commands "set undef" and "query undef" allow the user to       control the undefined data value for all forms of GrADS output.       This affects all the undefined values printed to screen in the       'gxout stat' and 'gxout print' output, as well as the undefined       values in fwrite, sdfwrite, and geotiff files.       The default output undef value is -9.99e8.      N.B. THIS FEATURE CHANGES THE DEFAULT BEHAVIOR OF GrADS!     Bugs:
    * Fixed geotiff code to write out data in correct format
    * Fixed the background image option to printim
    * Fixed gancgrid I/O for variables with dimensions in a funky order (i.e. not ETZYX)
    * Fixed gancgrid response if request is outside of file's bounds
    * Fixed 'close' command to properly reset defaults
    * Fixed gribmap printing debugging and error messages in verbose mode
    * Replaced library function call SDiscoordvar in gasdf.c

    Misc:
    * more informative error messages when request is beyond file's limits
    * added chsub option to xdfopen-style descriptors
    * added -n flag to gr2stn for nearest neighbor option
    * changed hard-coded undefs from -9.99e33 to -9.99e8
    * changed hard-coded XYBMAX from 500 to 5000 in gxshad.c
    * configure and src code changes to get rid of XLIBEMU
    * fixes to GUI configuration
    * bug fix in gaio.c to change vars lskip and lgrib to type g2int
    * changed var type to off_t and fixed? optimization issues for x86_64 builds
    * changed Pixel to gaPixel
    * removed pcx11e.* from src directory
    * changed #include syntax for gabufr.h in grads.h

 --Jennifer M. AdamsIGES/COLA4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302Calverton, MD 20705jma at cola.iges.org