Writing annual from month data

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 14:06:53 EDT 2009

2009/7/5 Hyacinth Cyprain Nnamchi <hc.nnamchi at lasg.iap.ac.cn>

> Dear GrADS users,
> I have a monthly dataset for the global land areas, 1901 to 2007 at 0.5 by
> 0.5 grids. I now want to write the ANNUAL total values for all the grid
> points. Any ideas?

There are many ways of doing this, all depends on the desired output format,
how the input files are organized, etc. For example, if you have a single
file with your monthly data you could do something like this:

% lats4d.sh -i monthly.nc -o annual -func 'ave(@,t-6,t+5)' -time jul1901
jul2007 12 -v

If the data is in a separate file for each year then you could enter

% lats4d.sh -i 2003.nc -o annual_2003 -mean

You can find more info about lats4d here:

   http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Lats4D

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva