Automatically select input and generate output

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 1 15:28:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Muhammad Rahiz <
muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear GrADS users,
>
> Instead of specifying a file (e.g. 'ga> open file1.ctl'), I want GrADS to
> automatically select the input file (e.g. file1, file2) within the folder.
> Also I want it to generate the output file e.g. file1, file2) based on the
> same name as the input file.
>
> In shell, I can issue the wildcard e.g. '*.ctl'. Any similar commands in
> GrADS?

The *pygrads* shell works exactly in this way,

% pygrads *.ctl

will start pygrads and open all the files specified on the command line. You
can write a wrapper shell script that does the same thing. You will need to
write a mopen.gs grads script that opens multiple files, and use the "-c"
command line option of grads to invoke mopen, passing the list of files.

     Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu