Memory Allocation Error: grid storage

Chris Butenhoff cbutenhoff at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 28 21:33:18 EST 2009

Dear Arlindo:

Thanks for the response.

You might be right. My original thought was that since the file contains 1
byte char values, it would only use ~600 Mb of memory when read into Grads.
So Grads converts all input data into 4 byte floats? Which as you said, puts
me close to my memory limit. If that is correct, then there is no way around
this except to divide the input file into smaller chunks.

Thanks.

_Chris

My 600 Mb binary file is composed of 1 byte values. I use the tag "-1,40,1"