How to set xlabels in a date/time axis

Daniele Gandini Daniele.Gandini at ARPA.PIEMONTE.IT
Tue Jan 27 09:53:06 EST 2009

Dear GrADS users,

I have a forecast file whose analysis starts at 00 UTC
of 27th January 2009 and consists of 41 time intervals
ranged every 6 hours.

When I want to see the complete time series of a variable on a particular
grid point, i.e. setting

'set lat 45'
'set lon 8'
'set t 1 last'
'd var'

the x labels which GrADS shows are:
27Jan, 29Jan, 1Feb, 3Feb and 5Feb.

I want to see at least one label for each day, i.e. 27Jan, 28Jan, 29Jan, 30 Jan and so on.

I tried 'set xlint' but it doesn't apply on date/time axis.
'set xaxis 1 41 4' issues numbers not dates on x axis.
'set xlevs 27Jan 28Jan ...' doesn't work.

Is there any possibility?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Daniele Gandini