problem with 365_day calender under grads v2.0.a4.oga.1

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 26 12:45:41 EST 2009

Dear All,

I have  a few netCDF files which use a 365day calendar. I used to open these
files using 'sdfopen' directly without any problem. Yesterday I
installed Grads2.0a4
(actually the open grads version) and now it complains about the calendar!

I wonder why does the new version reject the 365day calendar netCDF files,
while the previous versions accepted.... Is this a bug in the new grads or this
change was meant to be?

Of course I could write a ctl... but its so much easier to use the self
contained netCDF that I would rather go back to 1.9b4....

[]'s
Henrique

Scanning self-describing file:
original/cccma/pcmdi.ipcc4.cccma_cgcm3_1_t63.20c3m.run1.monthly.tos_o1_20c3m_1_cgcm3.1_t63_1850_2000.nc
SDF Error: 365 day calendars are not COARDS compliant.
  You can still open this file with GrADS if you write a descriptor file that
  contains a complete TDEF entry and OPTIONS 365_day_calendar. Please read the
  documentation at http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html
ga->