WeirdX

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 23 12:36:16 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Brian Doty <doty at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am curious if anyone has used WeirdX, which appears
> to be an Xserver implemented in the Java language.  Particularly, if
> anyone has used it with GrADS?  Thanks!  ....Brian

Yes, I have experimented with it and even considered using it for Win32
GrADS. I ended up going with Xming,

                 http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

a native WIn32 build based on the x.org sources; currently Xming is bundled
with Win32 GrADS running off display :7. The main reason was that Xming was
relocatable (can be run from a USB mem stick), much faster, smaller and did
not require the overhead of the JVM. Otherwise, WeirdX seemed to work OK
with GrADS.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva