New Documentation for the Ensemble Dimension

Paul Earnshaw paul.earnshaw at METOFFICE.GOV.UK
Wed Jan 21 10:20:06 EST 2009

Jennifer,

Thank you for the extra documentation, it has been a great help.

There was one thing I think may need to be added, and I am sorry if this
is in the documentation and I have missed it somewhere. Could you make
it clear how GrADS identifies the ensemble dimension in SDF files?

By this I mean having either the attribute "axis" or "grads_dim" set to
"E" or "e" for the ensemble dimension.

I did eventually work it out by digging in the source code, and I think
it would be useful in the main documentation.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Dr. Paul Earnshaw   Global Model Development and Diagnostics
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom

Met Office climate change predictions can now be viewed on Google Earth
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/hadleycentre/google/