GrADS vanishing window

Teddy Allen teddyallen at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 14 15:04:26 EST 2009

Dear Arlindo,
After further investigation, you are correct in your diagnosis: virus software! I made a very simple adjustment in the virus software settings and now everything works perfectly.
Thank you very much!
teddy

web: http://personal.ecu.edu/tla0923/HOME.html
"To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together."
African Proverb                                                                                                        *

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Arlindo da Silva <arlindo.dasilva at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Arlindo da Silva <arlindo.dasilva at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GrADS vanishing window
To: teddyallen at yahoo.com
Cc: GRADSUSR at list.cineca.it
Date: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 10:24 AM

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Teddy Allen <teddyallen at yahoo.com> wrote:

Frank,
Thank you for your support with this. I am running windows XP. Everything seems to download perfectly from the "superpack", but the window vanishes after the landscape / portrait prompt. Unfortunately, the window vanishes too quickly for me to read the related error message...It appears if there is some sort of disconnect after the landscape / portrait prompt for some mysterious reason....so, GrADS 2.0 is installed but is unable to function.

Did you follow the troubleshooting instructions in the "Getting Started" document? In partcular, make sure your virus protection software is not preventing the X server from using local ports. Usually the first time you use it the virus software asks you if this OK for Xming to use such an such port