GrADS vanishing window

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 14 10:24:13 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Teddy Allen <teddyallen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Frank,
> Thank you for your support with this. I am running windows XP. Everything
> seems to download perfectly from the "superpack", but the window vanishes
> after the landscape / portrait prompt. Unfortunately, the window vanishes
> too quickly for me to read the related error message...It appears if there
> is some sort of disconnect after the landscape / portrait prompt for some
> mysterious reason....so, GrADS 2.0 is installed but is unable to function.

Did you follow the troubleshooting instructions in the "Getting Started"
document? In partcular, make sure your virus protection software is not
preventing the X server from using local ports. Usually the first time you
use it the virus software asks you if this OK for Xming to use such an such
port.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva