have many grads files with same name, how can i give them different names and open them in grads?

Paul Earnshaw paul.earnshaw at METOFFICE.GOV.UK
Tue Feb 10 13:04:55 EST 2009

Anna,

You can change the names of the files as you suggest, but there is a
further change you need to make. There is a line in the .ctl file which
references the .grads file. You will need to edit this line so it
matches the new file name. The .ctl file is an ascii text file so it can
be editted like any other text file, and the line will need to change
should be the first line of the file.

Paul

--
Dr. Paul Earnshaw   Global Model Development and Diagnostics
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom

Met Office climate change predictions can now be viewed on Google Earth
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/hadleycentre/google/