Writing a positive signal ( + ) for temperatures

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Fri Aug 28 17:04:41 EDT 2009

Fernando,

You didn't say, but I assume you're referring to a contour chart with
contour labels.  If so, see if following sample script does what you had
in mind for temperatures.  I've attached two PNG output images..."airt1"
is GrADS default (- for negatives, no sign for positives), and "airt2" is
derived from sample script.  The "colors" function provides an alternate
set of contour colors.

Let me know if it needs further explanation...good luck.
Stephen McMillan

'define airt=air-273.16'
#Do negatives:
colors(1)
'd -airt'
#Do positives:
colors(2)
'set clab %+.f'
'd airt'
'draw title Air Temp (C)   Neg = No sign    Pos = + sign'

function colors(opt)
if(opt=1)
#set colors for absolute of negatives:
 'set rgb 18 130 0 190'
 'set rgb 20 0 0 150'
 'set rgb 22 0 0 255'
 'set rgb 24 0 100 255'
 'set rgb 26 0 170 255'
 'set rgb 28 0 230 255'
 'set rgb 30 130 255 255'
 'set rgb 31 245 245 245'
  'set clevs 0 2 4 6 8 10 12'
  'set ccols 31 30 28 26 24 22 20 18'
else
#set colors for positives:
 'set rgb 32 255 255 130'
 'set rgb 34 255 240 0'
 'set rgb 36 255 195 0'
 'set rgb 38 255 130 0'
 'set rgb 40 255 50 0'
 'set rgb 42 220 0 0'
 'set rgb 44 150 0 0'
 'set clevs 2 4 6 8 10 12'
 'set ccols 32 34 36 38 40 42 44'
endif
return

Fernando Reis <nandoreisbr at YAHOO.COM.BR>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
08/28/2009 10:04 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Writing a positive signal ( + ) for temperatures

Hello folks,

I'd like to produce a chart with temperature and wind.  When Grads plots
Negative temperatures it came with negative signal eg ( -78) and when the
temperature is positive it came without signal.

I'd like to do it in a different way bye plotting positive values with a
signal ( + 10 ) and negatives without it. ( 78 ).

Is that possible?

Thanks

Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 -
Celebridades - Música - Esportes

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.