How to control the streamline?

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Aug 12 08:38:05 EDT 2009

There are no specific controls for the arrows in the streamlines. I'll
put it on my list of requested features.

The line thickness ranges from 1 to 12. For postscript output, the
values 1-12 are distinct for lines of gradually increasing thickness.
For image output, thickness values 1-5 all look the same (thin), same
with thickness values 6-11 (thick); thickness value 12 is the
thickest. A trick for making contours stand out a bit more in a plot
is to draw white (or black) thick contours, then overlay thin colored
contours. This gives the colored contours a little background to
highlight them against a map or shaded contour plot. In version
2.0.a6, there was a little bug introduced that led to the display
window not showing the thickness properly, even though the image
output from printim looked right. That was fixed in 2.0.a7.1.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA