netcdf, xdfopen and PDEF

Dot Deb dotdeb at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 12 05:18:10 EDT 2009

I have a (CF-1.4 compliant) NetCDF dataset in "rotated pole" coordinate system.
I'd like to use the PDEF option ROTLL.
I tried to do it writing a minimal "descriptor file" for "xdfopen":

DSET ^bolchem-saprc90soa-out-20030801.nc
PDEF 25 24 ROTLL 48.0 -167.2 0.4 0.4 -4.8 -5.0

The problem is that xdfopen does not use (and does not recognise) the
PDEF entry.
I couldn't find any other way than writing a complede "descriptor file".
This is a bit annoying because the only thing I have to change for the
representation of my dataset is only the coordinate system:
I do not want to rewrite all the information already included in my NetCDF!

Is there anything that escapes me?
If not, is there any plan to modify this behavior in short time?

Alberto