MFhilo Installation in PCGRADS 1.9 rc1

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 18 20:35:42 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>wrote:

> Thanks Arlindo,
>
> Yes - I'm migrating towards V2.0.  The only difference I see is that where
> one should explicitly call gradsdods in v 1.9, that call would result in an
> error in 2.0.  But in it's place on can just call grads directly and it has
> smarts to branch to the DAP enabled .dll, resulting in one call for either
> (like 1.8 used to be - if I remember corretly).

No, there is only one binary in the opengrads builds of v2.0: grads.exe. It
can handle all the formats, thanks to a new NetCDF-4 library. COLA's builds
still have 2 binaries: grads and gradsdap. The gradsdap.exe that you find in
there is just a cover, it is the same code as grads.exe.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu