Stereographic Projection

Reto Stauffer (UNI) reto.stauffer at STUDENT.UIBK.AC.AT
Sat Apr 18 12:13:04 EDT 2009

Dear GrADS Usergroup

I am working on a MSG satellite visualisation project at our University. We
already have a lot of ECMWF-Products which are generatet by a GrADS script.

Now we would like to reproduce the same projection with Matlab (Matlab is
our major script language). The problem is: there is just one line wich
defines the current projection with mproj and lat/lon bordervalues.

Now my problem: if i am right GrADS use a standard projection point. I
searched a lot in the internet but cannot find any proper solvements. There
is just this (http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetmproj.html) =).

Does anyone has some hints and tips about the (standard) used radius and
projection-point in GrADS?

Thanks a lot
Best wishes
Reto Stauffer
Institute for Meteorology and Geophysics
UNI Innsbruck Austria