Draw cities on a map

qinglan at HKUSUA.HKU.HK qinglan at HKUSUA.HKU.HK
Mon Apr 13 09:03:35 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I tried to follow the instruction of draw cities on a map. I typed these:
ga-> q w2xy 114.1 22.55
X = 5.70783  Y = 4.17181
ga-> x=subwrd(result, 3)

The grads window showed:

Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
   'subwrd' not a variable or function name
   Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.

I checked the information on line: it showed that subwrd is an
intrinsic function, so I should be able to use this function easily.
Why the window showed above message? Have I missed to install some
functions? I have used grads for some time. It seemed to work fine.
What is the problem?

Any help and suggestion is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Qinglan Li