Opengrads 64bit

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at OPENGRADS.ORG
Thu Apr 2 09:49:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM, MeteoRiccione
<previsioni at meteoriccione.it> wrote:
> Hi Dasilva,
> I use your opengrads-2.0.a5.oga.3-bundle-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz version
> and it works very well.
> I have a problem, however, when I must plot maps with a grib1 file greater
> then 2 Gb (I already use a 64 bit version of wgrib).
> Grads-2.0.a5.oga.3-bundle-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz is a 32 bit version?

Yes.

> Is possible a x86_64 bit version especially for "grads" and "wgrib"
> executables or a new x86_64 bit bundle for Intel?
> I saw that there is a x86_64 bit version for AMD64 but I have Intel

AMD64 is how sourceforge refers to 64-bit for intel/amd64. The "IA64"
builds usually do not work on x86_64.  Basically, do a

% uname -m
x86_64

and use the tarball that correspond to this hardware; ignore the
AMD64. The x86_64 binaries should work on your hardware.

Note: If it complains about missing .so libraries see my recent post
on gradsusr for a way to supply these missing libraries.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu