writing fortran programs to read netcdf files

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at UCDAVIS.EDU
Thu Apr 2 01:15:30 EDT 2009

I have a series of netcdf files that I want to filter out data in terms of
specific Madden Julian Oscillation indices.  I am trying to design a
fortran program to read netcdf so that I could do calculations with the
data and write the results back into a netcdf file.  In this I want to
filter out all dates for a specific Madden Julian Oscillation index and
then average the data to get an average zonal wind profile for that
specific index of MJO and how the winds change on average several days
before that date.  I was wondering how to design a fortran program to read
netcdf files and write netcdf files?  Can someone send me an example of
such a program.

Thanks,

jason