problems with paths in grads

P.Romero romero619 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 25 15:05:17 EDT 2008

Im still having problems trying to setup paths in Grads.

Im not clear on how grads searches paths for files it needs.

I'd like to setup a directory for scripts (set in the GASCRP env. variable,
/data/scripts), and I'd also like to place my .ctl, .idx, and grib files in
a separate directory (/data/grib).

I want to avoid using absolute & relative paths, but I want to be able to
open a .ctl file in the /data/grib directory from a script in the
/data/scripts directory.

Example:

a line within a script in the /data/scripts directory would have a 'open
test.ctl' statement which would succeed at opening test.ctl within the
/data/grib directory.

I tried setting up GASCRP with two paths,

export GASCRP='/data/scripts /data/grib'

but this didn't work.

Im running version 2 of grads, fedora 9 linux.

Any advice?

Thanks,

P.Romero